Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Listening to my first CD ever purchased today

In the years between becoming a reformed Deadhead and seeing Mickey Hart and Bembe Orisha at the Minnesota Zoo--a twelve year stretch--I started buying compact discs. Although I was not going to any Dead-related shows, I still purchased one great Dead-related disc, Deadicated. Between having my favorite band's songs covered by a wide array of musicians and having proceeds from this CD going to the Rainforest Action Network and Cultural Survival, I had to have it.

I enjoyed most of the album, but Suzanne Vega covering China Doll and Cassidy, the Indigo Girls playing Uncle John's Band, and the strange cover of Wharf Rat by Midnight Oil stuck out for me. (The last one is strange because the Dead's music was new to them at the time of the recording.)

It's good to listen to this again and feel the joy of other musicians playing the Dead's music! :)

Tags: ,

No comments: