Friday, August 04, 2006

Love is...

...having your sweet wife make you a batch of much needed chocolate chip cookies after a really rough day!

Yesterday was one of the most draining days I had in a long time. I had too much incoming information, there was certainly not enough naptime for a little beloved one, and my energy and patience levels ran down to near zero by the time I saw Melissa yesterday afternoon.

I made plans to go to a Jerry Garcia tribute at the Cabooze last night. About half the time I go out by myself, and I normally enjoy myself. However, I wish that either I did not go out or a friend would have gone with me last night, because even listening to Grateful Dead music did little to cheer me up. After listening to a very good rendition of Terrapin Station by The Jones Gang, I left to catch the light rail home. I called Melissa before the train arrived and told her how I was feeling. I figured she was already headed to bed.

But I walk in the door, many lights were still on, and Melissa greets me and tells me she made a batch of cookies! I felt so happy to be back home and lucky to have such a great gal!

2 comments:

irenie said...

That's a sweet woman!
Mmmm, cookies!

Joe Erjavec said...

Yes, she is! That was the bright point of my whole day!