Friday, August 25, 2006

Great August weather!

Last evening I walked a few blocks to get a cup of coffee and to think about the job interview I had earlier in the day. As I was enjoying my cup of good, dark coffee, Melissa calls and warns me about an incoming thunderstorm. I told her I'd be careful, and I planned to wait it out.

However, it started raining heavily at a rate of four inches per hour, and it did not show any signs of stopping quickly. I nursed my coffee as long as possible, then decided to get home. My sandals and the bottom of my jeans got soaked, but it was a refreshing trip home. After the hot and humid spell we had here recently, it feels great to get all this rain!

The weekend weather is predicted to be sunny and in the low 80's, so we hope to get out to the state fair.

No comments: