Friday, August 25, 2006

I realize I haven't talked about much chess in my blog

With a few exceptions, I haven't spoken much about chess here. We've had a busy summer, and I haven't had much time to play, with the exception of a few games at the Chess Castle, a few online, and two games through the mail with my dad. Although I've played less often than usual, I've been happy with the frequency of my play.

I am, however, getting very excited for the 2006-07 season of the Twin Cities Chess League. I am the the captain of Tal Tales (please smirk if you get this)! It is an unrated team event played from September through March, seven games total. We started last year in round three, and we had a total of three draws out of five matches. This wasn't bad considering we had a low rating compared to most of the other teams.

Our first round is Friday, September 8. We have a full team with a few substitutes. I hope we improve scorewise over last year. Either way, it is one of the best events in Twin Cities chess.

Tags: ,

No comments: