Friday, January 19, 2007

Movement

I have been happy with the way this new year has gone so far. Since visualizing some of the changes I would like to see, I have taken action. I've been working on my plans to finish my graduate program, I have gotten a much needed haircut, I have been interviewing for positions, and I have been much happier.

Towards the end of last year, I was still in an emotional rut over the death of my brother. I realized counseling would probably help, and I have found that the heavy grief that was still around was able to finally move so that it didn't impede me. In fact, we had just gotten through the third anniversary of Michael's death, and I felt much more at peace than I have before. I still miss him, but I don't feel the heaviness of missing him.

Realizing that I was stuck and that I have choice to move from that inertia has been liberating. Yesterday I went to an interview, and I felt good about it. I think this picture shows the lightness I've been feeling lately.


No comments: