Thursday, January 25, 2007

Keeping my mind sharp!

Today has been a productive day. I posted for two positions earlier, then I headed out to Barnes & Noble for lunch and to browse for some books. My parents got me a gift card for Christmas, and it felt like a good day to look around.

I came home with three purchases. I got into sudoku a year ago at the Minnesota Class Chess Championship. I purchased Kakuro Presented by Will Shortz. I also picked up Jeremy Silman's Complete Endgame Course. (I've benefited from Silman's Reassess Your Chess series, and since I am concentrating on my endgame, I thought this book would be very helpful!)

Finally, I purchased The Omnivore's Dilemma. I heard this interview with Michael Pollan on NPR last year, and Melissa and I watched this interview on Colbert. It should be a book that we will both enjoy.

No comments: