Thursday, July 06, 2006

Minneapolis Weather

Melissa, my neighbor, and I have talked about the weather, especially since it has been so dry lately. My grass is turning yellow and crunchy, and I need to get a sprinkler.

Normally I don't care that much about the lawn. In the past I entertained starting a group called the Lawn Liberation Front (LLF), whose motto would have been "We must destroy the lawn in order to save it." I much prefer flower beds and the like, and I have historically spent energy replacing ugly sections of lawn with flowers.

I found a link http://climate.umn.edu/ that shows the long-term climate for Minnesota. We are definitely a couple of inches below normal rainfall for the year in Minneapolis. With that info and the sense data that my feet are sore from needle-like grass, I will break down and water the lawn.

No comments: