Thursday, July 06, 2006

Becoming a Deadhead

It will be 20 years ago tomorrow, July 7, 1986, when I became a Deadhead at RFK Stadium in Washington, D.C. I had seen three other Grateful Dead shows between the previous and that summer, but it was not until the second set during Terrapin Station that something clicked for me. It was not that it was the best Grateful Dead show I had seen, but just some quality and understanding came together to make me smile anytime after that that I listened to a tape or went to a show!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Setlist:

1: Ramble On Rose, Minglewood Blues, It Must Have Been the Roses, It's All Over Now, Baby Blue*, Desolation Row*

2:
Box Of Rain, Playin' in the Band > Terrapin Station > Drums> The Other One> Wharf Rat> Around and Around > Good Lovin' E: Satisfaction

*With Bob Dylan singing

Tags: ,

No comments: