Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Join in the fight against cancer

I was reading my online friend Terra Praeta's blog and checked out the webpage of one of the commentors. His website includes a link to an agent:

"The Grid MP Global @ grid.org is a virtual supercomputer that can be harnessed to power computational research and analysis projects on a massive scale. By combining millions of online CPUs worldwide to work on extremely large computational projects, problems can be solved more quickly and less expensively than by conventional methods. Now any networked computer can help fuel research and projects that previously may have required a bank of supercomputers or a hundred years to complete."

I decided to join because I have a family member who just successful fought cancer. I also spent a year of my life at the Roswell Park Cancer Institute in Buffalo during the 90's as a graduate student. I saw children struck with cancer, and that has left a memory, although it is distant in time and geography.

Tag:

2 comments:

Trée said...

Joe, so glad to see you join the fight against this terrible disease. I lost my father to cancer and my aunt is fighting for her life as we speak. Every little bit helps, so once again, thanks for joining in this project to find a cure(s).

Joe Erjavec said...

No problem, tree. I am sorry for your loss, and I know we will get further with cures.